Students learn how to use Oracle Database automatic tuning features such as SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access Advisor, Automatic Workload Repository and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor, and practice these tuning methods. The course focuses on the tuning tasks expected of a DBA: reactive tuning of SQL statements, maintaining SQL statement and operation performance, and tuning the Oracle Database Instance components.
- Use the Oracle Database tuning methodology appropriate to the available tools
- Utilize database advisors to proactively tune an Oracle Database Instance
- Use the tools based on the Automatic Workload Repository to tune the database
- Diagnose and tune common SQL related performance problems
- Diagnose and tune common Instance related performance problems
- Use Enterprise Manager performance-related pages to monitor an Oracle Database