In this course, students learn how to perform backup and recovery based on the related Oracle Database architecture components. Various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios are provided so that students learn to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures. This course includes an interactive workshop, with scenarios that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure situations.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations.
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures.
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure.
- Configure the database for recoverability.
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations.
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures.
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error.
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore.
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery.